A few weeks back I had a little melt down before God. I was feeling a little disappointed and upset. I was believing something from God, and the answer that I got wasn’t really what I had been hoping for. Pretty much God’s answer for my request was “NOT NOW, WAIT”. But Lord I want it now,…Why not now. Did you not say “You shall fulfill the desires of my heart if I delight myself in you?” To be honest, with you guys, I was so upset, my peace left me. How can I possibly be happy, how can I be at peace when God has just told me “NOT NOW, WAIT”… “Lord how long am I supposed to wait. Why not now?
In the midst of all my raging emotions, God said to me “PEACE BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD”… (QUICK DECLAIMER: I would like to believe I am one of God’s stubborn daughters. Respectfully stubborn though….lol ..) I responded to God and said “Lord how can I be at peace when you have not given me what I have been praying and believing for. Where is the Peace Lord in any of this?”
And again, He said PEACE BE STILL RUVIMBO!
Lord it’s really hard to be at peace right now. And I heard God say to me “That’s where your problem is Ruvimbo. Your Peace is based on what you have or don’t have. Your peace is determined by the condition and status of things happening around you. That’s why you can’t accept my WORD right now. Your PEACE should be found in me and not in the created things. I am the CREATOR – Only I have the peace giving ability”.
Holy Spirit reminded me of the scripture that says ” You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, All whose thoughts are fixed on You” – Isaiah 26:3
The things that God created are incapable of giving you peace. Even if they give peace it’s not the kind of peace that God gives. Placing your peace on things that were not designed to be givers of peace is a recipe for disappointment and frustration. I heard Holy Spirit say “STOP placing your peace on the ‘created’ but rather in the CREATOR… for only He is the peace giver .
My dear friends, Your job can’t give you peace, your co-workers can’t give you peace, your spouse can’t give you peace, your friends can’t give you peace, your siblings or family can’t give you peace – BUT God CAN. Keep your mind fixed on God and allow Him to give you peace – peace that goes beyond human understanding or reasoning. That’s the God kind of peace that we have to pursue for.
When your peace is found in the Lord – it doesn’t matter what is happening for you or against you, you are at peace always. Embracing the God kind of PEACE, enables you to have a peace of mind and heart even when all hell is breaking loose around you.
The God-kind of Peace is like this –
- You could be experiencing a loss of a loved one, and yet you are at peace
- You could be experiencing joblessness and yet you are at peace
- You could be facing what seems to be an eternity of singleness (“where are all the eligible bachelors or bachelorettes?”) and yet be at peace
- You could be experiencing divorce or relationship hardships and still be at peace…. etc
- You could be facing health problems/scares and yet you are at peace
- You could be experiencing miscarriages, and yet be at peace
That’s the kind of God –Peace that we all need. Don’t fall into the trap of only having peace when things are good – That’s the world’ kind of peace. God kind of peace – gives you God-security at all times.
The World’s peace is based on things that we see and is conditional – For example
- You are at peace just because you have a job – so the moment you lose that job, so goes your peace along with it.
- You have peace because you have money in bank account but the moment you lose your wealth – maybe the economy tanks, or a deal goes wrong so goes your peace
- You are at peace because you are in a relationship, the moment you lose that relationship – so goes your peace. (Don’t be suicidal because you got broken-up with –THIS IS A WORD FOR SOMEONE. If it didn’t work out, that’s ok dear. Move on. God has better in store for you. Peace be still and keep your mind stayed on Him)
- You have peace because things are ok, but the moment there’s a storm, so goes your peace (Ask the disciples, they can attest to that – read Mark 4:35-41 – Jesus Calms the Storm) The disciples were only at peace when the sea and the winds were calm, the moment a hailstorm came, so went their peace, regardless of Jesus being in the boat with them..smh.
How do we know that the disciples had lost their peace when the storm hit.read v38 of Mark 4
V. 38 But Jesus was in the stern, asleep [with His head] on the [sailor’s leather] cushion. And they woke Him and said to Him, “Teacher, do You not care that we are about to die?” Other versions say “Master, Do you not care we are perishing?”
The modern day version of this statement could be:
- Lord do You not care that I am still single and all my friends are married?
- Lord do You not care that I am Jobless and all my other peers are working? Did I mention Lord that I was a Straight ‘A’ student and they were ‘C’ students. How is it possible that they are working and I am not?
- Lord do to You not care that I am drowning in poverty? In debt? Struggling financially?
- Lord do You not care that I am sick
- Lord do You not care that my biological clocking is ticking?
- Lord do You not care…. HELP LORD!! HELP LORD I’M ABOUT TO DROWN HERE!
Just to be clear – Having PEACE doesn’t mean you are immune to what’s happening around you. It doesn’t mean denial either. It means that, I am calm , I am not shaken or move with what’s happening. I am ok because I know that it will all work out for my good because I trust God. Some one once said “Peace is not the absence of a storm but rather the presence of JESUS in the storm to go through it with you and deliver you from it”
“Our PEACE is not a result of our senses or experiences – Our PEACE is within regardless of what we go through. Life is Spiritual!! – Rachel Williams
(Read the book of Job). Peace says “Though he slay me, yet I will trust in Him”. Though things may not be the way I would like them to be, I will continue to trust in Him. My peace is in knowing and believing that He loves me so much He will deliver me.
Where ever you are today, whatever you maybe experiencing – I am here to tell you that God cares. He cares so much about you. Don’t lose faith – Don’t lose Hope – Don’t lose PEACE. God is with you. God says:
Psalm 91:15-16 New International Version (NIV)
15 You will call on me, and I will answer you; I will be with you in trouble, I will deliver you and honor you.16 With long life I will satisfy you and show you my salvation.”
You may be feeling like you are drowning. You may be feeling like waiting on God is killing you. You may be feeling hopeless. But I want you to assure you that God is eternally ever faithful. He is with you in the Boat, so don’t lose hope just yet. Stay in Him. Stay in the boat with Jesus. Keep your thought fixed on Him. Soon, He is going to rebuke the storm, His going to silence the enemy… He is the PEACE you need today.
Let the PEACE OF GOD overwhelm and overflow in you. May His peace enable you smile even during the storm. May the peace of God be an anchor to your heart and mind. IT IS WELL.
Peace be still and know that He is GOD. Everything will work out for good, because you love the Lord and have been called according to his purpose.
Philippians 4:6-7 Amplified Bible (AMP)
6 Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] requests known to God. 7 And the peace of God [that peace which reassures the heart, that peace] which transcends all understanding, [that peace which] stands guard over your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus [is yours].
Blessings and Stay encouraged.
Lady Rue J. aka Ruvimbo Judith
“Let your light shine”